7 Reasons to Learn Spoken English
Different ESL students learn how to speak English for various reasons. Some examples include:
- Travel – In most countries around the world, English is the universal language used for oral communication between locals and visitors.
- Tourism – Employees of tour operators, restaurants, hotels, airlines, tourist landmarks, and vendors communicate with international travelers every day. Spoken English is essential for successful tourism operations.
- Business – Companies seek out oral English training in order to improve international service standards; develop and maintain relationships with international clients, partners, and suppliers; and increase overall competitiveness.
- Academics – Students who would like to enroll in high school, university, or other educational programs overseas will generally be required to have strong oral English skills, as well as a good score on a proficiency exam which includes a spoken component (like the IELTS).
- Immigrants – Immigrants need to learn English in order to communicate in everyday life situations, assimilate into their new home, and to gain employment.
- Banking – Within the world of finance and investment, there is demand for English communication abilities as multinational banks expand operations in new markets.
- Social Status – In some countries, speaking English fluently is a sign of good education, background, and wealth. Speaking English also gives people the possibility of communicating with more people and having more social relationships and friends.
Which one is YOUR reason to speak English?